Monday 27 August 2012

ISKCON : I believe on God but.....?

After such a long time i attended lecture of a person who is believer on the principles rooted by ISKCON. Although previously i have attended lots of sessions by ISKCON. I am writing this post because explanations and arguments given by them are perfectly valid, but i have some doubts, and  have my own arguments.

If you attend any ISKCON session you will get to know they usually start the session by asking following questions--

1. First they ask
 Who are you? Are you only this body whom you want to satisfy?
 what you want to do with your life? What is your ultimate aim?

My answer would be obviously i am a student and son of my parents. :) not that much complex correct.. :)
 
2.Second they say you are not body. I agree with it and the arguments given by them are very nice. I too believe on that. ..

3. They say you are soul

4. They say to achieve something, we need to control senses- I perfectly agree with it.

5. Now in final they say that for controlling your senses you have to chant name of the god moreover they say best way to control your senses and get to know the real truth, real knowledge ("Gyan") is to chant name of Krishna.

And the best part of  ISKCON sessions is "Prasadam". I like prasadam a lot because when i eat my body feel kind of peace, obviously tasty and delicious.

Wow.. Today also they distributed "Cadbury made by milk" :).   

The magical mantra (According to them) is- 

                        "HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA 
                         KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE 
                         HARE RAM HARE RAM 
                         RAM RAM HARE HARE"

I do respect their beliefs but don't know, because at some point i am not
 able to convince myself about chanting this mantra regularly.

I partially believe on it, why i believe partially and not fully, reasons are as follows-
 My mother is a very religious lady and she used to chant lot of mantras (Hanuman chalisa, Sundarkand, Amritwani, Geeta, Two time Aarti in a day and don't know some more chalisas) and i believe that she is real "bhakt". Moreover she is very punctual in her schedule as far as "Puja" is concerned. She always say to me to chant name of god and because of the love i have for her i can't say no to her and i do too. 
But is this the solution, is chanting the real solution,

i don't know either i am ignorant i mean i am not able to understand the power of theses words, or something else.
 Second So many people in the world are following and they have belief and they say positive benefit by doing it, it give peace to them and obviously my mother's love make me to do it.

 I believe that someday i would understand power of these mantras.
  Although i do believe on God. Because nothing can happen without cause and so this nature is also result of someone's creation the one who is behind it, we call him God and in my opinion yes God exist.

Finally ending words, I don't know how chanting helps and is there any science behind it or not but whenever you do it atleast you feel your mind blank you feel yourself detached with rest of the world,  but how it helps in controlling our 5 senses i don't know perhaps because of my lack of knowledge and ignorance.

I don't do chanting regularly, so i can't end this post by saying "Happy Chanting" :),  but give it a try and share your experiences, perhaps you can give better arguments and convince me to do it regularly... : ) : )

Have a nice day....

No comments:

Post a Comment