Tuesday 11 December 2012

Infosys : Interview tale

It was telephonic interview The way it was started is like.
Interviewer: Saurabh I will take your 20-30 minutes. Are you comfortable?
I said yes. I am fine sir.

Interviewer was asking more about my M.Tech project so it was easy for me to handle that.
Two questions on C language, then he asked me about JAVA. He asked are you comfortable with JAVA?  I said no and i stated that i have read this subject when i was in my B.Tech and it is long back and said although i am good on OOPS concepts and can pick up this language easily.

Then there were two pet questions
1. one was Why do you want to join Infosys?

2. Do you have any question for me about infosys?

 I prepared both of these questions so that was not that much difficult. 
I asked three questions to him and he was quite impressed and replied answers to my questions very patiently.
My first question.

Infosys is very famous for their mentoring concept where each employee get mentored and coached by his predecessor. So How do you assign mentors to the employees Is it on the basis of some test or purely based on the interest of the employee?

Second Question
What is this Infosys 3.0 and what is logic behind 3.0 why not 2.0 or something else?

Third Question
Recently infosys shifted their listing from US index to European Index Why?


Finally interview lasted 25:07 (As my mobile was saying this call duration). It was nice obviously when you do have good interview then always it feels nice :)





-Will try to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment