Friday 2 September 2011

My trip towards High Performance Computing

Don't mind if their is any spelling and grammar mistake because i am writing abruptly without revising and taking it carefully.

                  As in my M.Tech one of my subject is High performance and computing and when there was time for selecting one of the elective that time i was not much interested in this particular subject i was thinking that it is a bit difficult subject so  i will go for DBMS but our academic coordinator was saying that you have already studied this subject in your b.tech so don't choose it. Finally i choose HPC. I was hoping that it will be very difficult for me. One of the very good personality from CRL (Tata sons lab) Dr. Shrirang Karandikar is conducting lectures through video conference thrice in a week. First i was facing problems in understanding him but he is great and his style is unique so that is about my teacher and my subject.

                 As Mid semesters came i was frightened about this subject but as I have gone through the slides of Dr. Shrirang I was too attracted towards this subject now feeling a kind of attraction towards this subject there is alot of motivation regarding this subject. You can check out his home page http://shrirang.karandikar.org/.

Motivation for High performance computing is "THE FREE LUNCH IS OVER" by Herb Sutter. a great article guys you should read it really interesting.
Guys it's really interesting check fastest supercomputer of the world made by "JAPAN's K COMPUTER" just search official website of the K computer it's really too motivating and just check out video of japan's scientists regarding development of K computer it's really really really very motivating.This is beginning and some motivation.

i think some of my friends feeling too bored so lets leave this and further we will talk it about more

b bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment